With the Sun’s move into Scorpio October 22, we have new opportunities to journey deep within ourselves to explore the Scorpion’s themes of passion, truth, and transformation. That makes this a perfect time to begin thinking about the astrological year ahead 2013.
This time of year also asks us to reckon with power: what it means to us, how we tend to use it, and how we can apply it for the highest good. Over the past year, our subscribers have received monthly Living in Harmony newsletters filled with astrological information, art harmonized with the Sun sign or season, and special meditations for all 12 signs of the zodiac. Each issue was designed to appeal not only to your intellect but to your emotions and your spiritual nature so you could experience your life in a fully conscious, holistic way.
As a result, you are now empowered and ready to begin applying astrology’s knowledge and practical tools regularly in your daily life. Through astrology’s timeless wisdom, you now can recognize abundant opportunities to understand your true spiritual power and wield it well. If you will take up this responsibility, you will experience a new confidence and authority in helping to shape the coming year as you express the noblest aspects of your character.
The rest of this article provides the major dates and details you will need to begin using astrology to create harmony in your life. Here, for the astrological year ahead 2013, you will find dates for:
- The Sun’s movement into each sign
- The Moon’s monthly full phase
- Mercury’s retrograde periods
How To Use This Guide To The Astrological Year Ahead 2013
With the Sun now in Scorpio, we are nearing the end of another calendar year. That makes this a good time to review the past year and look toward the astrological year ahead 2013. Here are some ideas for making the most of Scorpio’s deeply introspective energies this month:
- Look over your 2012 calendar, diary, or journal to see how you have spent your time this year.
- Set aside time to meditate about the past year. Consider how you have grown, what you have learned, and how your life is different now than it was one year ago. Also consider how well you expressed your highest nature and when you fell short of your ideals.
- Think about each zodiac sign and month and how well you expressed its energies. (See the Find Out More About Your Zodiac Sign section for details on any of the signs.)
- Now think about 2013, especially your hopes and dreams for yourself and your loved ones. Write down your heart’s desires for the coming year.
- Mark your calendar for the astrological year ahead 2013: note all the important Sun, Moon, and Mercury dates listed in the later sections of this article.
- Set aside time each month to meditate on that month’s astrological energies. For example, what sign will the Sun occupy? When is the Moon full? Will Mercury be retrograde? Think about how you can make the most of these energies.
Make The Most Of Each Month
- As the Sun enters a new sign each month, visit our Find Out More About Your Zodiac Sign section to review the current astrological sign. Pay special attention to the background on the sign, its symbolism, and the special mystical meditation and artwork provided. If you own the astrology and art book Follow the Sun: A Simple Way to Use Astrology for Living in Harmony, then review the chapter for that month’s sign; if you don’t have a copy yet, consider getting one to help you make the most of each month’s energies.
- Also each month, visit our online art and gift store to view the artwork that harmonizes with that month’s sign. Over time, you will find that these pieces speak to your emotions and your spiritual nature, and you will begin developing the ability to see life’s symbolic, artistic, and cyclical side.
Follow The Sun: Respond When The Sun Changes Signs
As the Sun enters a new sign each month, take note of the new sign’s energies and strengths (see the Find Out More About Your Zodiac Sign section for details on any of the signs). Consider how you will respond to the current sign and how you might experience and express it. Here are the dates for the Sun’s entry into each sign through the end of 2013.
NOTE: All times appear in U.S. Central Time and Greenwich Time. U.S. daylight saving time (CDT) in effect in 2013 from 10 March through 3 November.
|Sun Enters||On This Date||U.S. Central Time||Greenwich Time|
|Scorpio||22 October||7:15 p.m.||12:15 a.m., 23 October|
|Sagittarius||21 November||3:51 p.m.||9:51 p.m.|
|Capricorn||21 December||5:13 a.m.||11:13 a.m.|
|Aquarius||19 January||3:53 p.m.||9:53 p.m.|
|Pisces||18 February||6:03 a.m.||12:03 p.m.|
|Aries||20 March||6:03 a.m.||11:03 a.m.|
|Taurus||19 April||5:04 p.m.||10:04 p.m.|
|Gemini||20 May||4:11 p.m.||9:11 p.m.|
|Cancer||21 June||12:05 a.m.||5:05 a.m.|
|Leo||22 July||10:57 a.m.||3:57 p.m.|
|Virgo||22 August||6:03 p.m.||11:03 p.m.|
|Libra||22 September||3:45 p.m.||8:45 p.m.|
|Scorpio||23 October||1:11 a.m.||6:11 a.m.|
|Sagittarius||21 November||9:49 p.m.||3:49 a.m., 22 November|
|Capricorn||21 December||11:12 a.m.||5:12 p.m.|
Tune In To The Moon: Enjoy The Full Moon
Each month, we experience a full Moon. During these powerful times, emotions may run higher, and we may have especially meaningful experiences and insights that can help us resolve issues or harness new inspirations.
You can benefit from the Moon’s beauty by going outdoors to gaze at this satellite of Earth whenever the Moon is full and the skies are clear in your area. Also, take time to notice how you feel in the days around each full Moon and jot down whatever insights and inspirations you receive so you can act on them later.
|Moon Is Full In||On This Date|
NOTE: If you want to track all the Moon’s phases, see the Current Planets Position chart on our website.
Watch Mercury: Notice When The Messenger Planet Goes Retrograde
When Mercury is retrograde, we often experience slowdowns, obstacles, errors, and other challenges. Typically, these issues affect areas ruled by Mercury, such as communication, travel, commerce, contracts, computers, electronics, and gadgets. Retrograde periods offer an excellent time for all tasks involving “re” such as reviewing, redoing, rewriting, and reworking.
Rather than starting anything new or launching a new project or product, you can make the most of Mercury’s retrograde by slowing down, noticing your thoughts, and observing how you and others communicate. Also notice what new information comes to light, both during and at the end of the retrograde period; often, helpful data surfaces that makes it much easier to make better decisions and move forward more effectively after the retrograde ends. In addition, retrograde times are excellent for starting to meditate, making time for inner reflection, and enjoying solitude.
|Mercury Retrograde Periods|
|6 – 26 November|
|23 February – 17 March|
|26 June – 20 July|
|21 October – 10 November|
See our Mercury Retrograde section for more details on Mercury retrograde and the best ways to make the most of these periods.
Beverly Croydon says
Anne, I just really read through the shift you’re making with this newsletter etc. Seems like a really good one for you, and you’re providing a lot of information for all of us to check when we need reminders. Beautiful way to do it….and hopefully to provide more time for you to devote to other, probably related, pursuits.
Bless you for all you are doing for the world through your efforts!
Beverly Myoki Croydon
Hello, Bev. Thank you so much for your message and such kind words. Yes, am taking time and taking stock, and we’ll see what the future holds. Thank you for reading–and for taking a moment to get in touch and comment. Much love to you!