If you are unable to obtain your birth time, you still can benefit greatly from astrology. In this case, you still would use the birth chart calculator on our website, but you will create a simplified birth chart. (For instructions on creating this type of chart, see the FAQ in this section on “How Do I Get A Simplified Birth Chart For An Unknown Birth Time?”)
Guidelines For Using Your Simplified Birth Chart
With this type of chart, any astrological interpretation must be more general, and some astrological analysis tools and methods will not be available. Here are some simple guidelines for using this type of chart:
- A simplified birth chart can tell you which signs the planets occupied on the day you were born.
- On your chart, scroll over the symbol for the Sun (a circle with a dot in it) and look at the yellow information box at the top (you may need to move the chart within the display to get the yellow box to appear). In the yellow box, it will say something like this: “Sun 5°48′ Libra, in House X”; in this case, it means the Sun is at five degrees, 48 minutes of the sign Libra. Because this is a simplified chart, you know that the sign of Libra is correct, but you must disregard the reference to “in House X” because there is no way to know house positions without an accurate birth time.
- Also in the yellow box at the top, look to the right, and you will see “Planets: Sun” next to an orange box with a tiny white triangle in it, which tells you that your cursor is on top of the Sun. If you click the orange triangle (or simply click on the Sun symbol), a dropdown box will give you more information about the Sun in general and about the Sun in your astrological sign. Because this is a simplified chart, you must disregard the rest of the information provided because it will not be accurate without an exact birth time.
- When you’re finished reading about your Sun and its sign, click the orange triangle again to reduce the box and then hover over another planet symbol and repeat the process given above to learn more about that planet and its sign.
- Now look for two other symbols: “AC” and “MC.” The AC means the ascendant or rising sign, and the MC means the midheaven. Without an exact birth time, neither of these will be correct, so you may click the orange triangle to learn more about these points in a general way, but you must disregard any specific information about the sign or degree of either of these points in the chart.
Get Your Simplified Birth Chart Now
You can get your simplified birth chart now with our free, instant birth chart calculator.